Ihsan

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Loser Brother Top 10 (III) + 7 more

Earlier I had promised that I shall be working on some type of explantory piece on Loser Brotherss (LBs)...I haven't gotten around to it just yet. In the meantime I offer the following Top 10 + 7 list to provide you a fuller explanation of what qualities/attributes/criterion... compose a LB. This is in no means an exhaustive list, nor is it meant to be.

If you match up with 3 or more points from this list or the past two (List 1, List 2) you may consider yourself an honorary Loser Brother...your membership card is in the mail. If you have suggestions/comments or your own LB tales please do share them in the section below or email me - I would love to hear from you.


  1. You’re fond of self-deprecation.
  2. You quote the movie Sideways:
    • "I'm so insignificant, I can't even kill myself"
    • "I am not much of anything, really"
    • "I'm a thumbprint on the window of a skyscraper"
    • “Half my life is over and I have nothing to show for it"
  3. Though you are single you have a deep-freezer.
  4. You only eat zabiha meat.
  5. You have an excessive amount of extra bedding for the chance guest.
  6. You befriend individuals that are older than you are.
  7. Though in your 20s you gripe of your old age and exclaim “my life is over.”
  8. You’ve started putting money away for your own funeral.
  9. Sadness and humiliation are your two closest friends.
  10. You know the names of all the clubs in your locality. You’ve never been to one.
  11. At social gatherings you converse with “uncles.”
  12. You know what RSS stands for.
  13. You currently maintain a blog or have in the past.
  14. You still drink Nestle Quik.
  15. You’re searching for PakiPrincess786/ArabPrincess786 or perhaps PersianPrincess786.
  16. You are often asked when prayer times are.
  17. Growing up you wondered if you could be the Mahdi.

3 comment(s):

  • A blog? That is sooo... pre-July 2005 ---

    we are now living in the post-blog era.

    item #13 should be:

    You currently maintain a podcast or have in the past!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/30/2005 03:03:00 AM  

  • Salaams

    "Some speak of the future,
    My love she speaks softly,
    She knows there's no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."
    Bob Dylan

    My ambition is to be loser brother!

    Wasalaam

    Yakoub


    By Blogger Julaybib, at 7/30/2005 10:29:00 AM  

  • ay ay.. don't hate on the screen name pakiprincess786 - because thats mine :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/18/2007 09:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home