Ihsan

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Muslims Against Mumbo Jumbo

Just a quick post to announce a new blog: Muslims Against Mumbo Jumbo. The aim of this blog is to detail correspondence between myself and individuals, organisations and webmasters, primarily in the UK, who publish and propogate conspiracy theories involving freemasons, Zionist overlords and other secret organisations, and their supposed involvement in European history, the Iraq War, 9/11, 7/7 and the demise of contemporary Islam.

In recent months, a number of prominent British Muslims - including a chair of a Birmingham mosque and a leading Muslim barrister - are alleged to have made statements supporting conspiracy theories, consequently attributing to them a respectability and validity which they do not deserve. Such theories often offend not just the intellect, but also Christians and Jews, as well as bringing the Muslim community into disrepute.

If you come across a conspiracy theory story or website with a Muslim authorship, I would like to hear from you. Please send details directly to me, Yakoub Islam, at JCAYYI@btinternet[dot]com and I do my best to act on the information provided. The process will involve an initial investigation to ensure that statements alleged to have come from Muslim individuals or groups have indeed been authored by them, before attempting to challenge such theories with evidence to the contrary, insha Allah.

All investigations will be pursued with the upmost courtesy.

3 comment(s):

  • Salam Yakoub
    What a neat idea! I get so tired of e-mails about products that look like they say something in Arabic or other goofy things like that. As soon as I get my next e-mail like this at least I know someone to forward it to who will not start out by believing in it!


    By Blogger Anna in PDX, at 9/21/2005 11:24:00 PM  

  • Are you also going to be looking into what those Brits were doing in Basra? That might be a good investigative start.

    By Blogger redwood, at 9/22/2005 01:18:00 AM  

  • Salaams Altaf
    Much to the consternation of some Muslims, I generally tend to steer clear of Middle Eastern politics. I've read a couple of books on Palestine - Pappe, Sacco, and I read the papers. But I don't write about it. It's simply not something I could do well.


    By Blogger Julaybib, at 9/29/2005 10:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home