Ihsan

Friday, September 23, 2005

A Loser Brother Anthem?


Could this be a LB anthem, maybe the? It clearly has some resonance.

--

Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night

Another saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I've got some money 'cause I just got paid
Now how I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way.

I got in town a month ago
I seen a lot of girls since then,
If I could meet 'em I could get 'em
But as yet I haven't met 'em
Thats how I'm in the state I'm in.

CHORUS

Another fella told me
He had a sister who looked just fine
Instead of bein' my deliverance
She had a strange resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein.

CHORUS

Its hard on a fella
When he don't know his way around
If I don't find me a honey
To help me spend my money
I'm gonna have to blow this town.

Another saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I've got some money 'cause I just got paid
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful, ooh, I'm in an awful way,
He's in an awful way, I'm in an awful way,
I'm in an awful way, He's in an awful way.


5 comment(s):

  • dear loser bro.

    i think tomorrow (24th) you need to take a trip down to the anti-war protest. They're having one down in southern cali. The songwriter of the anthem would be proud of you :-)


    By Anonymous altaf, at 9/23/2005 09:47:00 PM  

  • Dear Altaf,

    I'll be helping another comrade find housing. However, LB will be there in spirit, insha' Allah.

    Respectfully,
    LB


    By Blogger Loser Brother, at 9/24/2005 01:23:00 AM  

  • dear loser brother,

    you need to do something pro-active. if none of the zillions of internet muslim mating sites are not working for you, you need to go old school and find yourself an old aunty sort of woman to match you up.

    several years ago, i started a yahoogroup for single muslim women. it was called, "sisters staying strong". and it was, for awhile, a wonderful community space where muslim women who were single either by choice, luck or circumstance could share strategies on how to put up with the pressure from all fronts to not be single. its been utterly silent on that list for a long time. i think we all just realized there was nothing new to say about this story.

    perhaps you should try something of that sort? some kind of forum for solidarity among all the loser brothers of the world. what do you have [left] to lose?

    :-)


    By Blogger itrath, at 9/25/2005 04:02:00 PM  

  • Dear Itrath,

    This post, like most others, was written in jest. It is not intended to be read literally. Nor was it ever intended to provoke such deep thought; the pity, however, is appreciated.

    As for LB solidarity - it's like the force. We're like a secret society, we all know how to recognize each other. No fancy hand shakes, or passwords, just our sad lives.


    By Blogger Loser Brother, at 9/29/2005 11:09:00 PM  

  • no pity. but here's a tip. planting upiquitous references to star wars in one's speech is not generally the most attractive thing one can do.

    however, referencing LOTR, is a whole other thing.


    By Blogger itrath, at 10/10/2005 07:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home