Ihsan

Monday, July 25, 2005

Islam and Extremism in the UK

A whole bunch of interesting reports and interviews with the radical/extremist elements in British society.

This interview with Dr. Imran Waheed from Hizb ut-Tahrir is incredibly entertaining. Tib Sebastian, host of HARDtalk, puts American jounralists to shame.

3 comment(s):

  • Salaams

    I just watched the first minute of the interview. The guy doesn't know how many members belong to his organisation, even roughly. Proof that its possible to qualify as a doctor and still have your head well and truly parked where the sun don't shine.

    Wasalaam

    Yakoub


    By Blogger Julaybib, at 7/26/2005 01:14:00 AM  

  • This guy is not professing hate....he loves the west!!

    Boy was I ever wrong...
    -Dave


    “Now that I have my head buried…I’m trying to really dig into this whole so I can get my entire body in!!” “Anybody have extra shovels?” -DrMaxtor


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/26/2005 12:50:00 PM  

  • It's worth watching for nuances:

    * He says he doesn't respect the laws the country he lives in. The way I was brought up, that's unIslamic.

    * He does condemn terrorism itself.

    * Though this person seems to be saying the opposite, from what I have read before, the party does NOT support a formal Jihad till a "truly" (in their own view) Islamic state is set up.

    His point about "one phone call from one General in the Muslim world to redeem the honor of the Muslim world"...them's fighting words!! If these people ever get control of a country...


    By Blogger iFaqeer, at 7/26/2005 09:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home