Ihsan

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

You and I - Haiti


By Dara O. Shayda Ihsan guest blogger, presently in Haiti.


The image “http://almusawwir.org/haitilock.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Haitian peasants live in the outskirts of mountains, underneath the shadows of the villas and palaces of the rich who live abroad and who lock their barbed wired villas from outside! They live in shacks, single room, no windows, no sanitation, no electricity or running water. When it rains they drown in their own little room and when it dose not rain they succumb to thirst.

Of course ordinary people always believe it is someone else’s fault, but the Nation of Sufism beholds all this as a mirror that reflects what is inside our collective Self. There is no “I vs. them”; is ‘I’always on the clear and ‘them’ the criminals? No! We are all souls gushed forth from the same fountain and what crime one of us commits reflects the state of the rest, otherwise we all would have formed a solid line, a moveless stance, resist as one spiritual continuum against these brutalities.

Building this house upon the sorrows of
You & I
Sailing the ocean of love by the sighs of
You & I



Smoldering betwixt the flames of loss
You & I
Dancing to the duet of hope and despair
You & I

Crying for what we could have been
You & I
Dying from odious gusts of what is
You & I

Forgetting where truly we came from
You & I
Anxious to return to the Final Abode
You & I

‘I’ the problem in this equation of
You & I
‘You’ what matters here and now for
You & I

Silence:
When the glances exchanged between
You & I
Raucous:
When the chasm partitioned between
You & I

Soberness the pain of afflictions for
You & I
Pass around the goblet of love between
You & I

Lets live these last few moments drunken
You & I
Lets leave the soberness of this life behind
You & I

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home