Ihsan

Friday, November 17, 2006

clashing with a passion



Just the other day tanks rolled in smashing everything from the School-yard to the building. Gassing my hometown as they downed their shells on crowds to pound, thrashing. Bombs mashing drown the sounds. We cry why another grave (man)?

Another round another blaze (man)? Bullets spray another prey, another brave man, made a pact so itís on we stand our ground. Gotta act grab a stone cause the droneís just a throw away (man) hound gotta pay (man).

Save my fam and my own (man), stashing just a rock in my hand sling shot black hawk down crashing. What now? See me turning and dashing. Vowed somehow to liberate so we clashing with a passion, learning to ration, my mate got a bashing so Iím lashing with no Kalashnikov brov. Olive branch and a white dove: get stuffed!

Got no love for fascist and ruling factions spurning my peopleís right of return. Dawn raid sirens flashing and Gaza is burning (gov) yearning for action. Churning Shaheeds earning their patch and mansions. See even in Eid we bleed, whilst you eat them sweets. And hit the streets so you clubs to beats and move your feet puffin on hash and weed, whilst weíre getting beats as they club our knees, when we hit the streets to protect our peeps. Trust it ís all trauma, they bust and keep blasting but like a fashion Itís never lasting, we got diplomas for raw guts. And thatís the life we lead its pure drama you must have caught a glimpse on Panaroma.

By

BlakStone

5 comment(s):

  • No wonder the neocons at the Hudson Institute don't like 'em! :-)

    By Blogger Julaybib, at 11/17/2006 01:23:00 AM  

  • they got some clips on their web site --- good stuff... thanx to the Hudson Institute for giving 'em wider publicity! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/17/2006 08:10:00 PM  

  • That and "apologies" are my favorite. I had been meaning to write a review of their CD for eons (they kindly sent me a free one months ago) and I never got around to it. They even had me singing their Khilafa song, and this sistah ain't EVEN pro khilafa.

    My version:
    We had to dodge their apaches on Monday
    Sneak Mama past the checkpoint Tuesday
    No Baba Cause they shot him Wednesday
    Much harder now to find food Thurday
    Wallahi if I had it my way
    We'd all be living *Imam Mahdi* Friday, InshaAllah.

    Really they are very talented and by far the best Muslim rap group I've ever heard combining a true lyrical talent,love for this deen and it's adherents with off the hook beats.

    (looks around and thinks to herself, does anyone say off the chain anymore?)


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/18/2006 04:07:00 PM  

  • check out
    www.muslimhiphop.com for some downloads of their stuff and many other Muslim hip hop, nasheed, and spoken word artists.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/18/2006 04:10:00 PM  

  • off the hook - yes
    off the chain - no


    By Blogger malangbaba, at 11/18/2006 05:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home