Ihsan

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dr. Martin Lings

Inna lillahi wa inna alayhi rajionn

Dr. Martin Lings has passed. Dr. Lings was best known for his biography of our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) based on the earliest sources.

Click here to read Sunni Sister's blog entry on his life and works.

2 comment(s):

  • La hawla wa la qowa illa billeh
    I am sorry we have lost him but am glad he has joined the beloved


    By Blogger Anna in PDX, at 5/14/2005 10:28:00 PM  

  • I saw him at the Mawlid-un-Nabiy, at the Wembley Conference Centre, London. He spoke well, with a strong voice for his age. To hear he passed away only a few days afterwards,... well, alhumdullillah. His Biography of Rasul(saw), was the first I ever read, having it recommended to me primarily by the brother who brought me to Islam in the first place, afterwards being recommended again and again to me and others, by friends and family. It touched my heart so much, it made me so much closer to Rasul(saw), his life, his companions and his family.

    May Allah Bless Him, his family, his friends and loved ones
    AMEN.


    By Blogger prejudice, at 5/17/2005 07:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home